Monday, January 11, 2010

Update OS 5.0.0.425 finished

Share



I have just finished the OS update last night, and have time to play with the new OS this morning.
Here are few points from my review:
  • From what I notice, the memory leak is very very small :) (from what the device came from, I used 5.0.0.402 before). Almost full day and my memory still reading 23.xMB with my normal usage.
  • Battery wise, no major improvement, I think (could be biased) the battery stays longer, I think.
  • There is a small issue, not sure whether I'm the only experienced this, the Yahoo Messenger comes with the OS doesn't work. I cannot connect to Yahoo Messenger server. This is easily fixed, remove the Yahoo Messenger and download the newer version. Anyone experiencing the same thing?
  • The OS comes with Blackberry Messenger 5.0.0 so soon after it finished restoring, it will ask for an update to 5.0.57
  • Typing seems more responsive, I can type faster and the OS can keep up with the speed very well
  • Still no support to play Divx codec :(
Anyway, I will update my storm with the hybrid 5.0.0.425/436 to see whether there are major improvements in the hybrid.
Will post the review later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment